Carpeting is designed from the ground up to last for years and years. Trained, certified carpet repair professionals and services offer simple suggestions on how to keep carpet clean, serviceable, and presentable.
- Vacuum frequently. It helps remove dry soil particles that can dull fibers and cause matting.
- Place glides under heavy furniture to combat crushing.
- Rotate furniture to give carpet a rest.
- Avoid long hours of direct sunlight on carpet.
- Close blinds periodically. Select a lighter colored carpet in sun-drenched rooms to minimize fading.
- Change traffic patterns. Rotate furniture so people alter their path through the room.
And of course, have a residential or commercial carpet cleaned by a professional carpet cleaning service once every 18-24 months.